Built in the year 1901
Victorian home was originally built in downtown
Gulfport and was moved to make way for the
courthouse. A second move resulted in the house
finally being situated on 2nd Street. Over the
last century the house has withstood numerous
hurricanes including Camille in 1969 and Katrina
In the last three
years the house has been totally dismantled down
to the frame and foundation. The house was then
totally rebuilt and renovated. Part of the
funding for the post Katrina renovation came
from a grant provided and overseen by the
Mississippi Department of Archives and History.
See more on the rebuild.